Saturday, June 11, 2016

Cristina & Andrew | Oklahoma City Wedding Photographer | The Red Barn on Waldo's Pond | Michelle Valantine Photography


"I know without a doubt it was God that allowed Andy to live," says Cristina about a fateful day last fall that forever changed their lives.  

She elaborates, "On Friday, November 13th, 2015, just as Andy was getting ready to leave work, he experienced what he thought was a heart attack.  He was rushed to the ER and after trial and error the doctor discovered he had an aortic aneurysm.  He was rushed to Baptist Medical Center for emergency open heart surgery.  After a long 8 hour surgery, the surgeon said he was very lucky to be alive, and that Andy may encounter difficulties recovering.  After 2 weeks in the ICU, and one scary false alarm later, he had improved tremendously! The doctors and nurses were amazed at how well he was recovering. We had both our families, friends and church members praying for his recovery. Although he will need more surgeries in the future, I know without a doubt that it was God that allowed him to live. Through this experience I can say that our faith has been strengthened and this is proof that God hears all who cry out to Him."

As you can imagine, that event greatly impacted their relationship with one another and with God, as was witnessed in their vows to one another:

Andy:  "...I will do my very best to support you in every way you might need and most of all I will love you until my heart, however fragile that might be, beats its last beat and my time on this earth is finished.  I stand here before God and man to pledge my life to you, to pledge my time to you, and most importantly to pledge my love to you. Through whatever challenges may arise in our future, Cristina I love you with a love that is more than love."



Cristina:  "...Back this past November, the doctors said from a medical standpoint you shouldn’t be alive. I feel like most people didn’t grasp the depth of the situation we were in, but for me I understood everything the doctors said and that made the weight of the worry 10 times heavier. Technically, no you shouldn’t be alive right now, but I know you are still here for a reason. If anything, I learned from this is that alongside the Bible, prayer is most powerful weapon we can possess. And I praise the Lord for allowing you to live.

Andrew, you are my blessing. You are my encourager, my cheerleader, my escape. You are the person who keeps me level headed. I can’t think of anyone else who will stay up practicing hundreds of flashcards with me before an exam. In that way, I can honestly say you helped me get into nursing school!   You rejoice with me in my successes and help me through times where I did not succeed. You motivate me to be the best version of myself as possible. Above all, you love me unconditionally.

I promise to support you in your goals and dreams. I promise to help you be successful in all aspects of life. I promise to stand by your side no matter how our financial or health situation may be. Whether you are in a hospital bed, or in our bed, I will be there, and I will remain faithful. I promise to be the best mother I can be to our kids. To raise them in a home where God is the center. I will look to God as guidance for every life decision. I promise to fulfill your emotional, physical and spiritual needs as a wife should. I promise to love you unconditionally and be the best wife I can be.

I have never been this excited to see what the future holds and where the Lord will take us, but I’m blessed to have you to face life together with."



Let me take you back to the beginning to show you how their magical wedding day unfolded...

























































































































  





 My questions to the bride and groom:
1.  What was your favorite part of your wedding day?
Andy:  Getting married to you.
Cristina:  My first look with my dad was very special to me (my first look with Andy was, too!)

2.  What advice would you give to couples planning their wedding?
Andy:  Be patient with your fiancé.
Cristina:  When planning a wedding, take everything one step at a time and make sure to have fun while doing it because time will fly by!

3.  What is the best part about being married now?
Andy:  Seeing you everyday.
Cristina:  Enjoying my most cherished blessing every day - my husband.









No comments:

Post a Comment