Saturday, May 21, 2016

Hannah & Jordan | Norman, OK Wedding Photographer | South Canadian Valley Church of Christ | Michelle Valantine Photography

His favorite part of the day?  Seeing her walk down the aisle.  
Her favorite part?  Seeing his reaction when I was walking down the aisle.  And the support of family and friends who gathered with us to celebrate that day.

You know what blows my mind about their answers?  
They had a First Look.  

For those not familiar with what a First Look is, it is a special time before the ceremony when the bride and groom take a private moment to see one another in their wedding attire.  Largely functional, this allows lots of wedding party and family pictures to be taken prior to the ceremony.  Which means the couple can arrive sooner to their reception.

My favorite part of the First Look has always been the emotions captured.  Unlike standing at the alter, during a First Look, the couple can freely talk, hug, whisper, laugh, twirl. Magical moments I love to capture.  

The largest concern I hear from my engaged couples is that they are afraid this will translate into a lack of excitement about seeing one another during the ceremony.  I get that.  There is something to be said about staying true to traditions.  But I also share that no matter if the couple has opted for a First Look or not, when the bride appears at the end of the aisle on her Dad's arm, it is positively and absolutely a momentous and emotional moment.  

And so it was for Hannah and Jordan.  

I loved capturing their First Look.  She took his breath away.  

And I loved capturing her walking down the aisle on her Dad's arm.  She took his breath away...again.  
Surrounded by friends and family, the celebration was meaningful, beautiful, and magical.  Come take a look with me.  







































 

  





What advice would you give to couples planning their wedding?
"Plan ahead as much as possible. Work as hard as you can toward the beginning of the engagement so, when the wedding is approaching, you do not have as much to do and you can enjoy your time with your fiance and with your family." 

What are you looking forward to most as Mr. & Mrs.?
"Growing closer together and never having to say goodbye at the end of the day. Also, I am so excited to introduce myself with my new last name!"

A favorite memory from your honeymoon?
"We went to Venice, Italy and our favorite part was, by far, seeing the beautiful cathedrals. There is so much detail in every square inch of the churches and it was breathtaking!"

Thank you Hannah and Jordan for allowing me the honor of capturing your wedding day! May your life together include bountiful moments of beauty, enduring moments of unconditional love, and memorable moments that take your breath away!  

Hair and Makeup Artist | Brittnye Andrews

No comments:

Post a Comment