Saturday, April 16, 2016

Candace & Justin Wedding | EVE Centre of South Oklahoma City | Oklahoma City, OK Wedding Photographer | Michelle Valantine Photography

She said "No, thank you," when he asked her out on their first date that Friday night.  You see, it was Valentine's Day and she figured that was WAY too much pressure.  So she made him wait.  She finally did agree to go out on that first date.  And five years later, he proposed, and she said, "YES!" right away!

Their wedding took place on a cold, windy, overcast spring day.  But inside, the families smiled warmly and cheered as preparations were finalized and details attended to.  Her uncle officiated the ceremony, and her aunt made the stunning peacock feather centerpieces.  One of the most special gifts I witnessed was Justin giving his bride, Candace, her bouquet.  Him and his mom made the bouquet, and his special signature was created on the handle of the bouquet...a ribbon tied in the pattern he used on his bat when he played baseball.

Later, I asked them to share what their favorite part of the day was, as well as any advice they have for couples planning their weddings.  Scroll down to see their answers.





































What was your favorite part of your wedding day?

Candace:  My favorite part was the ceremony.  When we were at the alter, he was making faces at me so I wouldn't bawl.  This is the Justin I absolutely adore!  He always makes me laugh.  Of course, we had hiccups...me forgetting my bouquet...and my Dad forgetting he was supposed to walk me down the aisle!  Even so, it went perfectly.  We are silly and fun and it was perfectly imperfect!  We wouldn't change a thing!

Justin:  Saying hello and seeing everyone have a good time.



What advice would you give to a couple planning their wedding?

Candace:  Get a wedding planner!  No matter how simple you think it may be, there are still so many details to consider!

Justin:  Don't!  Elope!


Caterer | Swadley's BBQ
Bouquet | Groom & His Mom!




No comments:

Post a Comment